indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I have a 2004 Hyundai getz 2004 1.1 which runs fantastic, except

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Hyundai getz 2004 1.1 which runs fantastic, except for a cylinder 4 miss fire at 3,500 rpm. Plugs and leads changed. I love this car, s any suggestions welcome.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .

Misfire on No. "4".

Here are what one should do for this issue .

Plugs and leads we can count out this you have replaced .

Now first swap over N0.1 injector for No.4 .

Clear codes and test drive ,check what codes came back ,if the same code comes back this means the injectors are ok ,now if the No.1 misfire code somes then we know you have a Injector issue and this needs replacing .

Now still same code .
Now you will have to do a engine compression test .

Need to know if the cylinder has the same compression with all four , if No. 4 is low then do a wet compression on this cylinder i compression get better then you have piston ring issue, if stays basically the same then you have a valve train issue .

All vis checking good then you will need to do a fuel pressure test .
And a exhaust back pressure test .

After doing all this and still the same problem then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for you detailed reply which helped me a lot in sorting the problem. After reading your reply, I pondered as to whether the plugs and leads were replaced prior to, or after the problem started and to be quite honest, I wasn't sure.

Pulled the plugs and put the old ones back in, after cleaning and gaping. Problem solved, or at least it hasn't returned after 100 miles. Nasty error codes vanished like magic. Not sure if it was a faulty plug, or the Champion plugs that were recommended to me just weren't compatible with the vehicle. I will replace with new NGK in he next day or so.

Thanks again for your help. I'm sure that I will return at some point in the future.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris .

Great news, and good work on your behalf .

Always try and keep with the manufactures specified parts ..

Saves you problems .

Rgds Greg