indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I have just tested an i800 and am concerned about the clutch.

I have just tested an i800 and am concerned about the clutch. There seems to be a lot of travel in the pedal before I could engage 1st gear! I had to depress the pedal to the floor before it would go in!
Is this due to the unusual driving position or the linkage from pedal to clutch or merely a quirk in the make/model?
In advance, many thanks Clive
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.

Two things could be a possible problem .

One the clutch is worn out and needs replacing or the syncro rings on 1st gear are in need of replacing

If you can select any other gear normally suspect syncro rings, if all gears are the same need to fully press the clutch then clutch is on its way out .

if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Work on all import vehicles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I should have said that it only has 11000 miles on the clock!?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
iewsHi .

According to the complate reviews you arwe not alone on this issue,many other i800 withv the CRD are experiancing this issue but the dealership are not doing much about it .

Are you still under the warranty if so take it in abd complain .see if you have any luck.

For me this could be a syncro ring issue .as said above .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am thinking of buying this i800, should it be the clutch or the rings then I would be looking at a major problem involving removing the engine block etc and thus a bill for a couple of thousand or more?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .

What ever the problem the transmission will have to come out .

But first get the seller to have the clutch system bleed ,it may have too much water content from never being flushed and replaced.

SSo if after a flush and fluid change and still experiancing the same issue look for another i800.

Rgds Greg