Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Hyundai coupe 2000 se auto w reg. and I have a

Customer Question

Hi I have a Hyundai coupe 2000 se auto w reg. and I have a problem with 4th gear od it has started to engage then disengage when used, then goes into third gear mode till I switch the ignition off then on again and turn the over drive off as well, then the gears change up and down as normal 1 to 3 and kick down works too. any answers to the problem ? many thanks Simon XXXXX

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Simon,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shantal

Thanks for reply to my question just wanted a second opinion to the problem I have with the car.

I have now got some repair manuals for the car so I can see what and where the components are located in the car and then test them.

I think how the gearbox is behaving it is more likely electrical than mechanical.

So please close my question, many thanks for your time

Simon XXXXX