indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

Why does a i40 keep blowing out the fuel filter rubber seals.

Customer Question

why does a i40 keep blowing out the fuel filter rubber seals. what is causing the huge pressure?????
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

We see this all the time with aftermarkets fuel filters . i suggest you use an original
Hyundai / Kia diesel fuel filter .

The after market filters can not take the high pressure that this system produces .

If you are using an original part then check the return for blockage ,fuel pressure regulator
if anything with the management system is faulty then have the system checked for malfunction codes .

But as said 98% its the filter defect or its not an original part.

Rgds Greg