indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

According to my garage my Hyundai Getz has a frozen front brake.

According to my garage my Hyundai Getz has a frozen front brake. How come I can drive it perfectly without any noise or problem. Is this normal and how can it be fixed?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an MOT as well as my yearly service only 4 weeks ago shouldn't they have noticed something? Other than a bit of a faint burn smell the last week or so, no problem driving no noise nothing out of the ordinary! I'm gutted as I just paid the garage for the above just under four weeks ago. By the way it's the front right brake they say!
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Okay this is a sign of a sized brake caliper when you are driving and use the brakes they can size and make the brake pads stick to the disc and cause this burn smell.
This is not such a big issue, all that has to be done is the right brake caliper O/H with a new brake seal kit and the piston cleaned before refitting .
But on this system you will find its just a sticking brake caliper saddle where the two pins need cleaning and regreasing with brake paste..
If you are not sure with the shop you are dealing with have a second opinion done at another brake shop.
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so far for the advice, car is in the garage at the moment but when I questioned how this could have happened so quickly after my MOT as well as yearly service they got quite offended and became a bit unpleasant! I live on my own am a engineering technician but not a car mechanic so what's wrong to ask and have explained? So I'm waiting now until garage will ring me about the verdict!
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Strange , They should of explained and try to make it clear , or they may have something to hide ,or who knows why they acted like this , this would make me try another shop that would try and gain your confidence and explain in detail what your problem is and what has to be done .Or in your case if you have time i would quickly remove the tyre ,pads and show you ,the sized .sticking caliper . Rgds Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Work on all import vehicles