Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have a 2002 amica,64,000 starts and appears to run well,until

Customer Question

Hi have a 2002 amica,64,000 starts and appears to run well,until you want to go up a hill and sometimes on the flat,it is definetly a "rolls cum hardly" just spent a lot of money,new clutch and replacement gearbox,new front discs,wishbones,wheel bearings,and new leads. We are not sure what to do next?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hellocan you tell me what engine this is please?Petrol or Dieselwhen was it last serviced
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Amica is 1 litre petrol,not sure when last serviced as just bought and then started putting right what MOT required and new gearbox and clutch,has had new leads as weren't the best. Thanks,
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hello this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank. If the connectionsto the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measurethe pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.