indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I own a Hyundai 2000si . My question is this . if I switch

Hi . I own a Hyundai 2000si . My question is this . if I switch on the engine and start it with the key , let it run until it runs out of fuel and do not return the switch to the of poisition for several hours , would this damage the electrical system in any way .
Thanks .
Eddie Sweeney .
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Please explain what problem you are having after this happened .
No Start .
Cranks but no start .
Runs and misfires ??
How long was the engine running at idle before it stalled out due to no fuel .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem with the generator . What I am trying to find out is this . If I fill the fuel tank , then start the engine , the 1 hour later go to bed , the generator carries on until it runs out of fuel . At this point the engine obviously stops . The key is still in the on position . I come back to the generator 6 hours later , would any damage be done to the electric system as a result of the key being in the on position and the engine not running . The generator I use to have was an old basic model with far less electrics then my current engine . I have been told by a friend that I might damage this one .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem with the generator . What I am trying to find out is this . If I fill the fuel tank then start the engine then @ 1 hour later I go to bed , the generator carries on until it runs out of fuel , at this point the engine obviously stops . The key is still in the on position , I come back to the generator in @ 6 hours later . Would I have done any damage to the electrical system as a result of the key being in the on position and the engine not running . The generator I used to have was an older and very basic engine with less electrics than the Hyundai that I have just bought . I have been told by a friend that I could do damage to this generator by leaving the key in the on position and the generator not running .

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
No this system is set up with a system to switch itself off on the ECM so if the switch is left on the only problem you may have is a dead battery after a few days ,You can do no damage to the generator itself .What we do is fit a remote start stop switch in the buildings so there is no need to go out .Or have an automatic switching system to switch back to external power source if you have one .If you let me know which make and model you are now using i can let you know more . Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.Kind regards Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Work on all import vehicles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Greg .

Your insights were very helpful . In answer to your question . My generator is a Hyundai 2000 si , starts by either pull cord , key start , or remote start / stop control fob .

Eddie .