Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

There!Model: 05 plate Hyundai GetzI am having some

Customer Question

Hi there! Model: 05 plate Hyundai Getz I am having some problems with my key fob, it is not operating the central locking or disabling the alarm. I thought it may have been the battery so I have changed that and still no joy. I don't know if by changing the battery this means that the fob needs to be reprogrammed? I have read online that if I open the door using the key, the alarm will sound, but by putting the key in the ignition it will stop after 30seconds to a minute, is this correct? I'd rather not annoy the neighbours if it isn't! Also, I have read that it is possible to re-programme the fob by putting the key in the ignition, turning to 'ACC' and then holding down the unlock button for 10 seconds or so, is this also correct? If you can confirm or deny this for me it would be much appreciated! Thanks Andy

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Andy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shantal

Please go ahead and close it, I guess if no-one knows the answer by now we never will!

Cheers

Andy