indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I recently bought a Hyundai coupe se 2.0 litre 2 days ago

Hi I recently bought a Hyundai coupe se 2.0 litre 2 days ago and was driving it about for about 2 days when suddenly I noticed the temp gauge was in the red and had no heating so got it home let it cool down the took the radiator cap off and started it as thought it might be air locked after about 5-10 mins of running it started bubbling out of the radiator when the water I put in was out the water was creamy almost to the point it looked like milk with sort of like foam on top would that be the head gasket going or gone
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Sorry to say but yes you are correct you have a blown head gasket ,oil is mixing with the coolant which turns like coffee milk..
You need to remove the head have it tested for cracks and warpage .
You will need to have the head machine skimmed.
Make sure you use a good named brand of head gasket or OEM,
Need further assistance then please get back to me .
Rgds Greg