indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

Morning, I have a 2003 Sonata. How many lombadas are there?

Customer Question

Morning, I have a 2003 Sonata. How many lombadas are there? The orange dash board light keeps glowing. Thank you
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
If the check engine light comes on then you could have any of 100s of problems does not mean the O2 sensors are bad ,you need to have a scan tool hooked up and check for malfunction codes .
If you have the 4 cylinder you will have 2 sensor one pre cat and one post cat .
The V6 engine you will have 4 sensors 2 pre cat and 2 post cat
with 2 on each cylinder bank .
One cat per cylinder bank .
Cat = catalytic converter..
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.
IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Re: Hyundai Sonata; having had one lombada replaced the orange light still glows; I've been told that having one new part has caused the other to mulfunction. Could this be the case?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Would help me a lot if i had the first malfunction code when the first sensor was changed and now the new malfunction code that you have .If the code is the same or if the code has changed .In most cases when one has a O2 sensor ( lombada ) code its does not always mean the sensor is bad but could be a bad wiring harness or a bad ECM . Now you need to ask what the first malfunction code was, and which sensor they replaced. Now after replacing the sensor what is the new code . You will have to let them know that you know what is happening here. don't let them take advantage of you Say . "can you please tell me what the first malfunction code was from the first diagnostic test .And now what is the new code .\Get me this info and i can help you. Which engine do you have the 4 cylinder ,