Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Hyundai i10 and my back windscreen washer has

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai i10 and my back windscreen washer has stopped working, I'd love to know if it's a common fault, if it can be fixed easily, and how much it's likely to cost
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
hello 1st thing to ask is can you hear the washer motor running when you pull on the stalk?if you have the ignition on , but engine off then you should hear it if its not running then check the fuse for the motor, but if the front washer runs then this is likely to be OK as they share a power supply
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry for the late reply. I can't hear the back motor running and that the front wiper works so I don't think it can be the fuse?
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
Hello in that case I'd locate the motor under the trim panel in the tailgate and then check to see if its getting 12V when you pull the washer lever if it does then consider replacing the motor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about - what is a tailgate? How do I get under the trim? How can I check something is getting 12 volts? Where do I find the washer lever?
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
Hello the tailgate is the rear hatch / boot doorthe trim panel is held on with some 'push on ' type fasteners so you use a flat bladed screwdriver or similar to gently lever the panel off to reveal the washer motorand the washer lever is the lever stalk you pull on to operate the wash function
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.