indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I am working on hyundai coupe 2.0 2004 I changed front bake

Hi I am working on hyundai coupe 2.0 2004 I changed front bake discs and pads and everything was fine then I i needed to change cv boots. I did left and when I did right one and finished work ABS light is on I cant figure it why can you help please
Peter
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car has not been driven yet just stated it to turn the wheels
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and also I started and spin one wheel to check disc
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Peter,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
First go for a test drive if the light goes out then all is okay .The problem is you should always disconnect the battery when working on the brakes (ABS). as this will store codes when wheels and parts are turned or disconnected .But on ABS systems if all is good then after a test drive the ABS light should go out.If the ABS light stays on then you have a Hard code and will need to connect a scan tool to check for ABS malfunction codes .You may have a ABS speed sensor front right or left when you removed the CV joint to replace the boot you may have damaged the sensor which is easy to do but to be sure do a diagnostic scan and check what the problem is first . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Rating is required to credit me for helping you! only then will I be credited.A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service .Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Work on all import vehicles