Nathan B
Nathan B, NVQ 3 qualified mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience as a motor mechanic including running my own garage.
27720961

Mike i have a 55 plate Hyundai coupe when i turn the ignition

Hi Mike i have a 55 plate Hyundai coupe when i turn the ignition on the Abs light comes on the dash then goes off, this happens each time i turn the the key in the ignition. Hope u can advise Fran
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Fran,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fran
Welcome to ja.com
I hope I can be of help today.
Ok. The ABS light should come on when you turn on the ignition with a few other lights. I.e. the oil light, engine light and battery light and parking brake light.
The ABS light should them go off when the vehicle is started as this means that its self diagnosis is complete and hasn't found any faults (the engine light should also go off at this point ).
If the light stays on or comes on while driving this means that the on-board computer has found a fault in the system and has disabled the abs system so extra care should be taken when breaking heavily add the car could skid. If the light comes on while driving you should get it checked with a garage to get the fault fixed.
I hope this has helped you and if you require any assistance in the future you can contact me on here.
Please rate my answer as this is how I get paid.
Thank you in advance.
Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great help thanks 10 out of 10
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi againI'm glad I could help you on this occasion even if just to put your mind at ease. As I said before, if you require any assistance in the future you can contact me on this site and I'll be glad to help you. Please rate my answer. Thanks againNathan
Nathan B, NVQ 3 qualified mechanic
Experience: 20+ years experience as a motor mechanic including running my own garage.