Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have an 06 hyndai elantra and it is hesitating or more

Customer Question

hi i have an 06 hyndai elantra and it is hesitating or more like jerking when it goes into third gear i would like to know what is causing it to do this
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced transmission twice with used transmissions replaced input and output sensors replaced both o2 sensors replaced oil control sensor crankshaft and camshaft sensor and still having this problem
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Do you still have any warning lights on at all when driving .Was the system ever checked for malfunction codes if yes did they clear after the repairs you did . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i took the car to my hyndai dealer and they checked the codes and said it show'ed a bad 0,2 censor, don't know if they clear'ed it or not,i replaced both o,2 sensors and still not fixed, took it back and this time it showed bad crank shaft sensor cam shaft sensor and or oil control valve they said it could be any of the 3 so i replaced them in the order i described and still doing same thing took it back to dealer they test drove it and said the transmission was bad i put a used transmission in it and still same thing only with it it was going in 3 gear from start i replaced input and out put sensors and fixed that problem but still same as before with shifting rough going into 3 gear took it back to dealer they checked it out and said the used transmission that i put in it was bad so i called junk yard they gave me another transmission and it is doing the same as the other 2 were. so took it back to dealer they said it has bad converter, my mechanic friend said it show's none of the sines that a bad converter usually have not sure who to believe. I do know the dealer has been wrong 6 times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more thing to note, it doesn't start doing this until it worms up usually about 15 or 20 minutes, then starts doing it every time i start and go, it shifts normal at first start and go, i can shift it manually when it starts and get my rpm's up to about 4000 rpm's and it doesn't do it
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Clear all codes then do a good 20 minute test drive and then recheck for codes . Then with the codes get back to me . Greg