indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

My i30 has intermittant fault some times it's difficult start esp. off stays on dash

Customer Question

My i30 has intermittant fault some times it's difficult start esp. off stays on dash and no rev counter it sometimes stops when stood the engine goes off sometimes the radio goes off and a small message comes up waiting for usb is it computer problem
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i allowed one question to be charged I do not need any membership or monthly charges. If you cannot answer this one then OK a charge of three pounds is all its cost me. Why should I want to go further???
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi . With this problem there is no way round with out getting hooked up to a good top level scan tool or a dealer scan tool .We need to check for malfunction codes with out checking for codes its just a guess situation .But from what you have mentioned this is pointing towards a crank sensor.A bad crank sensor will cause all the issue you have mentioned , but this has to be tested as it could be a connection, wiring damage issue to and from the crank sensor .Just replacing parts on assumption is going to cost more than the first diagnostic scan for tools where the shop charges 1 hr for this. You could check out a local garage that works on Hyundai, ask around and phone a few shops and see .may save you a bit of good hard earned money .. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Work on all import vehicles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Booked in Friday for diagnostic with Mike Brewer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomerJust a line to thank you and after diagnostic at Mike Brewers it was the flywheel sensor that was faulty. Replaced and now back to normal.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back and letting me know . Wish you a great weekend . Rgds Greg