Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

What oil do i need to put into my 2014 santa fee 18000 miles

Customer Question

Hi what oil do i need to put into my 2014 santa fee 18000 miles the oil warning light has come on?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello can you tell me what engine size and fuel type this is please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.3 Ltd diesel
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello OK you need a fully synthetic 5W30 such as Castrol Magnatec or Mobil 1 ESP 5W30
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I put 5w -40 in is that going to cause a problem? The warning light hasn't gone out?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello 5W40 will do for a top up, you just pay a very small penalty in fuel economy how much extra have you added?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 litre the engine warning light has now gone out.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello OK, I'd check the dipstick with the car parked on level ground and after the engine has been stopped for at least 10 mins and add a further litre of the 5W30 if required if yours has no dipstick then there will be a service menu on the information centre that allows you to take a oil level measurement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Glad to helpBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you