Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Fuel warning light has come on on my 2010 i 30 1.4 comfort

Customer Question

fuel warning light has come on on my 2010 i 30 1.4 comfort .how long does fuel last from then?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the reserve light illuminates when the ECU thinks you're approaching the last 60 to 85km of rangeits a 'smart' function and will illuminate when it thinks you're getting close to the end based on your average fuel use stored in the trip computerso if you drive the car hard then you will get the light coming on earlier than if you just pootle about now you can obviously fool the light into coming on early by driving hard and then easing off so there's a large safety factor built into the function
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you