Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

The rearview camera on my ix35 has stopped working. Is there

Customer Question

The rearview camera on my ix35 has stopped working. Is there an easy solution to get it working again? I have read that disconnecting the battery will reboot the system.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

there's a couple of possibilities as it is switched by the reverse switch in the gearbox.

So, if you camera is not working at all, turn on the ignition (do not start the engine), put it in reverse and check if the reverse lights come on.

if they do then next try fiddling with the wiring where it passes over the boot joint (inside a little rubber grommet) as they can fail at this point

and they are also prone to water ingress and there's an updated design so try contacting your dealer about this too

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you