indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I have a 2005 Getz. My problem is an intermittent ABS light.

I have a 2005 Getz. My problem is an intermittent ABS light. I have checked the ABS codes and it says that nothing is wrong. When it first occurred I changed the battery, which needed changing, and it stayed off for three months. Now it can come on at any time, but maybe not for days at a time. Sometimes it flashes on and off and sometimes it flickers. Any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 10 months ago.

Hi .

We have found that when this happens it most likely to be a wheel speed sensor .

Best way to diagnose this is to drive with a good scan tool with ABS live data ,

custom the four wheel sensor to one list and do a good test drive ,when you see the ABS light flicker or come on check the speed

on the data list one of the four speed may drop out to 0 mph.

If it does this then you know which wheel sensor has failed .

If all stay the same then next possible issue could be your alternator ,battery connections .or power supply to the ABS module .

So also in live data change the data list to ABS voltage and check that you have 14.+/-.5 volts at all time .do test drive as before only you will be checking the voltage ,if drops check connection to ABS model ,alternator out put and wiring harness condition.

repair where needed if wiring damage .

If no damage and voltage is good suspect ABS model .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am happy with the answer, but if a wheel sensor is at fault surely there would be a code? I have attached my scanner while the light is on and still it says that there is no problem?

what tool are you using .

Greg

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A Foxwell Auto Scanner NT600

Thank you .

Okay do a test drive in ABS live data .

Do you have any OBD codes engine codes .

Let check your system disconnect one of the speed sensor drive a few feet live data should show 0 on that sensors reconnect drive a few feet then recheck for codes .

Greg

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have any OBD engine codes. Also I am not sure how to operate the live data

Let me see if i can find info on this for you.

Greg.

Okay when you click into ABS you then click on datastream if the ABS has this option, i do known it has Datastream

in OBD but may not have it on the ABS menu ..

If not you will need to find a tool to check this .

Rgds Greg

indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Work on all import vehicles