Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2004,as I was driving, suddenly I

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2004,as I was driving, suddenly I couldn't go into 1st, 3rd or 5th gear.. It is blocked from the neautral position. Any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'm assuming that this is the manual gearbox

so in that case I'd take a look at where the cables connect to the top of the gearbox as there's 2 of them for the 2 different gear lever motions and its sounding to me like 1 of them may have snapped or fallen off

you can access the cable mounts by removing the engine air filter box as the 1st step

if it looks OK at that end then the gear lever trim will have to be removed so you can inspect the lever end

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you