indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

My i20 2012 key fob stopped working. I changed the battery

Customer Question

My i20 2012 key fob stopped working. I changed the battery but the car is not responding.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

Sorry ti hear the keyfob stopped working as on this vehicle when this happens it could be due to the keyfob losing its code .

Now not like the older models you can not program this yourself without the diagnostic scan t6ool or key and fob programmer.

First try your spare if also does not work take all the key fobs you have as they will have to be done at the same time .

You can use a auto locksmith or the dealer .

First i would take the car to the dealer as they will sometimes do this free if you are there customer and bought the car from them .

If not use your local locksmith .

Here is a locating link to find one in your area if not sure where one is.

Please click here for link

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better.
It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...