Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My temperature gauge in my Hyundai coupe model 2003 2 litre

Customer Question

my temperature gauge in my Hyundai coupe model 2003 2 litre engine keeps going to hot pretty quickly after a short bit of driving. I have just topped up my engine oil and my coolant was low to my radiator so have also topped that up aswell,but it is still going across to hot can you help
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.

hi there.

Welcome to ja.com

I hope i can be of help to you today but first i just need to ask you a couple of questions so my answer will be better sourced for you.

1. When the temp gauge goes to hot, if you stop the car but don't turn it off, is the fan in front of the radiator blowing?

2. Also, if the fan isn't going when the temp gauge is in the hot, if you feel the radiator does it feel hot or cold? But please be careful when touching the radiator as if it is hot all over it will burn you. And please be careful of moving parts under the bonnet on the engine.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you in advance.

Nathan