indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles

I have a 2006 Hyundai Sta. Fe in which after II started the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Hyundai Sta. Fe in which after II started the engine it will go off after few seconds and if you want to start it will start again and the same problem will occur and I had replaced it with new Fuel Filter but still the problem exist and I don't have a service company of Hyundai nearer to me here in Ormoc City in Leyete Philippines and will please help me to trouble shoot the problem? Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am asking you this question but I hope ypu can answer me correctly because I am also a service manager to an international heavy equipment company before and I know how to do this because I need a computer system to tap ot to my computer box and I only need to ask this question from you whoever can answer in the absence of the computer system I need in which I asked already a service company to come to my home and fix my this problem on Sunday. It's seems I am asking you here and sending me another message to message you again. Thanks anyway
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi Mario .

This looks like a typical security issue due to the system not being able to read the chip ignition key .

First i suggest you try a second /spare key .if still stalling then you will need a good scan tool to check for malfunction codes .

Other possible malfunctions that will cause your engine to stall a few seconds or less after start up .

MAF sensor.

Crank shaft sensor.

Cam sensor .

To know you will need a scan tool as said above .

Put key into ignition switch to ON and check that the security light is out ,if still on or flashing then you have a security malfunction and the keys will need reprogramming .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried all your advices and checked them all and still the engine won't run and just this morning I finally decided to remove the injector 1 out from the cylinder and I installed back the lines to the injector outside of the cylinder and installed the electronic system and I started engine and I found out there is no fuel coming out from the injector and what do you think, is the ECU is not working?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi .

You need to check at the fuel pump if you are getting power to the fuel pump when you switch on the ignition .

When ignition is on the power to the pump will only be 2 seconds so you should have battery power at the pump for two seconds then crank the engine over you should then have again battery power at the fuel pump .

If you do have power replace the bad fuel pump .

If you don't have power check the fuel pump relay could be faulty .

Did you check for any malfunction codes .

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
thank you so much for your help I've tried to replace now the fuel suction valve in which I suspected to have a defect and also the crankshaft sensor and my parts will arrive tomorrow and I'm sure the engine will run now after I will install all the above mentioned parts and I pray to God that you're a God sent engine to me hehehehehehehe I'm glad with the development and I will let you know once the engine will run tomorrow for sure. Thanks for your love to me and helping me. God bless
Expert:  indy-tech replied 30 days ago.

God bless you for the kind words ,and if you should still be having any problems i will be here to advice you

if needed.

Kindest regards Greg

indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Work on all import vehicles
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Good morning I have replaced already the fuel suction valve and also the crankshaft sensor and I have grind all the intake and exhaust valve and after installing the engine start and run quickly but after few seconds the engine stop again and what I did is removed the fuel line from the tank going to the fuel filter once I switch on the engine the fuel goes out for few seconds maybe 3 seconds and I have also observed that this is also the duration the engine will stop from ramming and what comes to my mind is that the engine stop because there's no more enough fuel to the system as why only run for maybe 3 seconds and am I correct so what do ypu think is it normal that the fuel supply will really stop for 3 seconds only? I hope again you can help me solving this and I'm glad if you can give me your utmost hehehehehehe and perfect opinion for this because I know we are already near to the solution and once my engine will go running I have to bring this to computer analyser so that everything g will be done. God bless
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok as I read again your message to me about the 2 seconds on fuel pump and again if will check the relay of it and I will let you know which is are defective of the 2 whether the pump or the relay. Thanks/ God bless
Expert:  indy-tech replied 18 days ago.

Okay sounds good .

Please get back if needed .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Good morning Greg, I had checked the Fuel pump and also the the relay and I took out the the hose going to the fuel pump just to ensure that after 2 seconds and I continue to start the engine and I found out that the fuel continue to deliver and make sure there is a power to the pump I also put a check light on it and it's working and I even replaced the camshaft sensor but still the engine will stop for few seconds perhaps I have no more recourse to tow the car into the service center and it's about a hundred kilometers from my place and what worried me is the road has lots of hilly mountain to go hehehehehe I hope I can fix the engine already. God bless
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Today I started the engine and the engine run for about 10 minutes and it went off again and I observed while the engine run the light of check engine is on and when it's gone the engine stop for few seconds after the light went off hehehehe I am surprised why because supposedly the engine will run smoothly while the light is off and in my case it's reverse thing happened.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Finally Greg today when I open my FB one my best friend automotive shop has invited the Hyundai Car company for caravan repair here in our community and I invited them to come to my home and this late afternoon they came and brought their computer engine analyser it was found out according to the analyser that the ECU is defective HAHAHAHAHA it will cost me 2,000 US$ Praise The Lord my problem will be solve and I will buy an ECU tomorrow. I million thanks Greg for your unending support and help to me. I keep in touch with you once the the machine will run good already. God bless
Expert:  indy-tech replied 17 days ago.

Hi Mario .

Try Ebay for a ECM you will find them a lot cheaper than getting one new from the dealer .OR if you have time have it sent to the UK and have your ECM repaired .this way there will be no need in having it reprogrammed and save a lot of cash .

Please click here

God Bless and all the best Greg

Expert:  indy-tech replied 17 days ago.

If you have the time you will save a lot of money as a repair can only cost $50 - $200 .

and no charge for programming the ECM as yours is already set up for your car as all new ECM must be programmed ti work in your car .