Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Does a starter motor break down over a period of

Customer Question

does a starter motor break down over a period of time.sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesnt
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately starter motors do breakdown over time. Starters are very powerful, there is a lot of load on them when in operation, with time the motor it's self will degrade and another big factor in failure of a starter motor is mechanical failure from ingress of clutch dust and other contaminants. Many starting faults can be traced back to the solenoid, wiring or battery, so further investigation and testing of the starter motor is required to confirm the problem.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply if you would like to continue our conversation, if i have provided the information you were seeking please remember to Accept/Rate my answer. Thanks. Ross.