Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a XG30 petrol saloon 200, miles 50k only, in very

Customer Question

Hi- I have a XG30 petrol saloon 200, miles 50k only, in very good condition, had it from brand new. All electrics work but when key is turned in ignition there is not a sound, does not turn over at all. I have had a new air mass meter fitted and it then worked perfectly for a few days, used it yesterday and today wont start again exactly the same symptoms. Has anybody got any suggestions as to what is causing this fault please ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If there is no sound when trying to start it this can indicate a fault with the starter itself.I have seen the starter fail/act up like this here before in the past needing replaced to resolve this issue here.If you have not had the signals tested to the starter to see if they are all present when this issue occurs this needs done.If the signals are all there and correct then the starter itself needs replaced to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete