cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  Approved Immigration Expert.
18726264

I want to know a person who has got

Customer Question

I want to know a person who has got a refugee status in the UK and wants to marry an asylum seeker in Holland what to do?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
You have two choices here really. You can marry in the netherlands and apply for a spouse visa or you can seek a fiancé visa and marry in the uk. Either way your boyfriend will need a visa to come to they UK even though he has a Netherlands id card unless he is a Dutch citizen. From what you say you would not be eligible to claim him a s a family member under the asylum reunion programme so he would have to satisfy the normal requirements for a fiancé visa. This could be difficult unless you have settled status. If you have a 5 year leave which is normal for refugees , you do not yet count a settled. It is only when you have unrestricted leave. If you actually marry then you can apply for a spouse visa as long as you can show you can support yourselves and will live together here.

Once he obtains Dutch citizenship it would be different as he would be free to come here anyway.