Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Can we bring a Russian Singer / Entertainer into the UK to

Customer Question

Can we bring a Russian Singer / Entertainer into the UK to work?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you wish to bring her here and employee her as a singer then you would have to become a tier 2 sponsor for the purpose of her applying for a tier 2 sponsored skilled worker visa. Please see the following link for information on how this can be done
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/

However the job is not on the shortage occupation list which means that you would have to show that there is no member of the resident labour force who can carry out the same job roles. I would think that this would be very difficult since singers are not commonly recognised as a profession for which they are not what a little candidates.

She could potentially apply for a tier 1 visa on the basis that she is an exceptional talent however she would have to be nominated for this by the royal arts council. This is for workers at the very highest of their profession though. I think it will be difficult.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service for about. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for you r reply.

The person needs to sing in English & Russian both old time Russian folk. Also requires the ability to play ancient russian instruments. We are unable to find this anywhere in the area.

Would the requirement make it easier?

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

It would make it easier to apply for 2 sponsored skilled worker. This is what she would be looking for. If you want to do this we need to instruct uk based solicitor practicing immigration court.

Please remember to answer my question

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many Thanks

We will discuss this and come back to you.

Please advise how we come back to you.

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
You can simply reply to this thread.
Please rate my answer, you haven't yet..

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to rate my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom