UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Good morning My estrange husband spouse visa was curtailed

Customer Question

Good morning
My estrange husband spouse visa was curtailed january 2010 and expired may 2010. He lost his immigration appeal to the ukba and was told to leave. He brought a ticket after the criminal case ended and abscounded. He is now in the remoal detention centre at gatwick since last week.
Will he be removed will he have any mitigating circumstances. Does he have the right to appeal. He is a jamacian national with a criminal record since being in the uk due to domestic violence.
Will he have a chance for bail to go missing again.
Kind regards'
Sandra
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

So he was detained after the criminal case?

Does he have a date for removal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning

He was never detained after the criminal case in june 2010. He brought a ticket to go back to jamacia and abscounded.

I don't know if he has a removal date. i got a call from eaton house if i have his passport which i don't he has destroyed that to my knowledge. He wasn't given a custodial due to having nine days to leave . He was going to be removed

Yes he can appeal for bail.

He can appeal to the immigration tribunal.

The home office will then provide papers to say on what grounds they are opposing bail.

The fact that he absconded is probably the ground for detention and his criminal record.

As such he can lodge an appeal. This is heard by a judge who is independent and can decide whether to grant bail.

But given that he has previous and has failed to leave the country before, bail is unlikely if I am being honest.

But he can apply for bail.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon ,
Will he been given a removal notice now?
He may. But the home office will deal with that
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice