Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Hi, My employer had applied for Tier 2 sponsor licence but

Customer Question

My employer had applied for Tier 2 sponsor licence but his application has been refused.The reason was that the solicitor who certified his documents could be verified.Can he make another application again soon after attestation/certification from other solicitor??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

This is surprising. But to answer your question - 'yes' your employer must get the documents re-certified by a qualified solicitor and resubmit the application as soon as possible.

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks alex. Let me tell you about my case in brief.

My employer applied for Tier 2 sponsor licence on 14th of Feb,2013 but then one of the Home Office staff responded to them via email that they couldn't verify the solicitor who certified my employer's document.That solicitor's has been with my company for more than 4 years.Can only the "Comissioner of Oath" certify the documents and no other solicitor can do this???Also,is there anyway i could check whether the solicitor/Law firm is highly accredited or not??

Please note that my employer hasn't received decision letter and his supporting documents yet.I am just guessing by looking at the Tier 2 register of sponsors that was updated on March 8,2013.My employer's firm is not there in the list.Does this mean they have refused their application??Please respond urgently as the documents may arrive tomorrow.Thanks

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.

1. A qualified solicitor is also a commissioner for oaths.

2. You can check to make sure the solicitor is qualified etc by going to the Law Society website www.lawsociety.org.uk and doing a search. You need the solicitors first and last name.

3. On your last point about the list - I simply cannot say with any certainty. There are many reasons why the employers name is not on the list. The only to find out and be 100% certain is by speaking with UKBA.