UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi Need to bring my wife to uk what is the procedure.

Customer Question

hi

Need to bring my wife to uk what is the procedure.

my company moved so I don’t have job at present.

what evidence do I need to prove to get her here
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

What nationality are you?

Do you have any savings?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

me british

and have saving

how much saving do i need to show

can you also give me link to where i can reed all this

what to do if i dont have work

i was told that i need job with salary of £18,000 IS THIS CORRECT

what are the new rules for 2013 can you give them to me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is answer

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

I apologise for the delay in reverting back to you.

In respect of savings you need to have at least £64,000 in your account. If you do not have savings then you would need to have been in salaried employment for at least 6 months earing £18,600 gross (taking you above the threshold so you are unable to claim benefits).

For further information please see the following link:

Financial requirements

E-ECP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2., of-

(a) a specified gross annual income of at least-
(i) £18,600;
(ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child; and
(iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with
(b) specified savings of-
(i) £16,000; and
(ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2.(a)-(d) and the total amount required under paragraph E-ECP.3.1.(a); or

(c) the requirements in paragraph E-ECP.3.3.being met.
In this paragraph "child" means a dependent child of the applicant who is-

(a) under the age of 18 years, or who was under the age of 18 years when they were first granted entry under this route;

(b) applying for entry clearance as a dependant of the applicant, or has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK;

(c) not a British Citizen or settled in the UK; and

(d) not an EEA national with a right to be admitted under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006.

E-ECP.3.2. When determining whether the financial requirement in paragraph EECP.

3.1. is met only the following sources will be taken into account-
(a) income of the partner from specified employment or self-employment, which, in respect of a partner returning to the UK with the applicant, can include specified employment or self-employment overseas and in the UK;
(b) specified pension income of the applicant and partner;
(c) any specified maternity allowance or bereavement benefit received by the partner in the UK;
(d) other specified income of the applicant and partner; and
(e) specified savings of the applicant and partner.

E-ECP.3.3. The requirements to be met under this paragraph are-
(a) the applicant's partner must be receiving one or more of the following -

(i) disability living allowance;
(ii) severe disablement allowance;
(iii) industrial injury disablement benefit;
(iv) attendance allowance; or
(v) carer's allowance; and
(b) the applicant must provide evidence that their partner is able to maintain and accommodate themselves, the applicant and any dependants adequately in the UK without recourse to public funds.

E-ECP.3.4. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively: accommodation will not be regarded as adequate if-
(a) it is, or will be, overcrowded; or
(b) it contravenes public health regulations.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/app-family-members/family-life-as-a-partner/

If you are unable to meet the above requirements then I would suggest you wait until you have been employed for 6 months and meet the financial requirements. Unfortunatley, unless you meet the above requirements any application for a spouse visa will be refused.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get creidted for my time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whats the procedure if i dont have job but only show saving.

As you said In respect of savings you need to have at least £64,000 in your account. i have more then that in my savings.

Then what salary job do i need

and what is the procdure and documnets i have to show if i am only showing savings

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In this case as long as you have had the required savings in your account for at least 6 months then you just need to show bank statements in your name for the previous 6 months. This is the alternative to having employment and therefore you do not need to show any evidence of employment.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answers positively.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

i left job in 15/02/2013

will this be okay if i only show the total thats in my saving

dont get the following

also send me a link where it says all this in details.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

answer please

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The fact that you are not employed with have no effect on your application. All you need to show is 6 months of bank statements.

I have already stated the link to the immigration rules in my previous answer.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.