How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now


Customer Question

In 08/12, i was promised by my research supervisor that I will receive 3 months extension for my university course work after the submission in September. On 26/10/12 I received an email from university saying that my enrollment has lapse. From 08/11/12-30/11/12, my research supervisor issued me 4 letters to organisations abroad asking them to give me support to conduct field research from January-March 2013. Immediately after received the last letter I addressed my concern about the three months extension but received no respond. So I traveled to conduct field research. When I came back from abroad I got a letter from UKBA that my Visa is expired. I made a complain to university but they said its too late.However, I was wondering that my supervisor's letter in November and my complaint about the three months in December is valid? And does the letter from my supervisor with university letter headed represent relationship between the university and myself was still exist back in November 2012?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

From the information you have given, it would appear that your supervisor's letter in November is valid but without knowing that the precise wording of the letter is, it is difficult to establish whether or not you had ties with the University.

Your complaint is valid but the main problem now is that your visa has expired and you need to make an application for further leave to remain or leave the UK.

Hope this helps-please leave feedback

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I emailed and attached all emails and letters from university to "[email protected]" yesterday when I submitted the question. Please check with the customer support for clarification on my supervisor's letter content. My complaint is in the file name "WK Summary Report 10.12.12"

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The expert asked for details from the attachments I emailed to Just Answer's customer support yesterday. He did not view these documents before answered my question. Please make the attachments available to the expert who will answer my question.Thank you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Is there any way you can upload the documents here?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I already uploaded the files but can't see whether the files are uploaded in this window. I called the customer support and they said they have sent all the attachment to you by email. Sorry for the inconvenient.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Can not upload attachments for experts to view.Please manually upload the attachments I sent by email to my question. Thank you.