UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

clarification on reason for visa refusal

Customer Question

i am employed in nigeria as a banker with fidelity bank plc,i applied for uk visa as atourist and was refused the visa based on few reasons one of which is not true,what can i do? note

that i have no intention to appeal just want to prove that that reason is not true and to know the appropriate time for me to reapply for uk visa.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

In your situation what I suggest that you do is apply for reconsideration. What this means is that you write a reconsideration letter to the embassy/high commission which refused your application ie Lagos asking them to reconsider their decision.

You should write the letter in a way which refutes all the reasons mentioned in the refusal letter. You may also wish to attach documentary evidence which adds weight to your arguments and helps you prove your point.

This is a free service, but you should ensure that you use a postal service which allows you to have a record of the letter send and signed for by the embassy/highcommission upon receipt. This process usually takes around 2-3 months.

In respect of you applying again for a visitors visa, there is no limit to the amount of time that you may apply for a visa, unless you have been barred from applying. Should you wish not to submit a letter of reconsideration, you can reapply again and cover all the points on which they have refused you on and ensure that you provide evidence so they do not refuse any aspect of your appeal.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind rega

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.