How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Just refer to an UK immigration law under Tier 1

Customer Question

Hi, just refer to an UK immigration law under Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. i like to ask question, Currently i and my brother holding PSW visa which is about to expire on end of June 2013. One a time PSW visa for last 1 year we had been doing ebay online business dealing with memory cards and computer parts with top rated seller status. so we change our mind to switch to Tier 1 Entrepeneur, we check all requirements , and maintain 3 month balance, open and register the company and mainting £60K fund on our company business Account in Uk. we want to run same business and continue expanding current ebay online business. we itself as director of the company, when we check code of practice we are confused just like to know which code of practice will be appropriate for us to select. For the Website what should we mostly considered because seeing through forum many applicants are rejected on website for not appropriate website and contract and details. so please help us are we on right direction if not please can we know what other things should we require. because we are about to apply on month of june 2013. thank you.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

All you need to do is score 95 points to be successful under the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category.

The relevant code of practice to you (as you are currently on a PSW visa) is NQF level 4 and above. I would suggest you choose 3539 (Business professional not classified elsewhere) example job tasks:

purchases services, receives payment from clients, processes contracts and deals with contractual arrangements.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for reply .. i had finished my MBA from here from University of Sunderland . does 3539 code match my NQF level because as far as i know MBA would be NQF level 7 if so NQF level 7 which code would be appropriate because i have seen Code no 1132 - 1133 so will this code will be appropriate for nature of my business. Secondly my spouse will be applying with me as dependent, will she be eligible or not , currently her status is student here in uk so in order to apply does she need to back to own country or can it be made from uk itself. thank you very much .

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
You can choose any lever from NQF 4 onwards, so 1132 can also work for you.

I do not see you having a problem with qualifying for the entrepreneur visa.

Your wife can apply for a dependant visa at the same time as you (i.e. you submit both her form and yours together) from within the UK, see here:

Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for reply, i am still confused my wife is holding Tier 4 general student visa since she arrived here. as you refer the home office website it only says dependents is eligible. my confusion is her status is not dependent as i have mention above. so now my question is can she still apply from here (UK) as dependent on my application from her tier 4 general student visa status. or does she need to leave the country and apply for dependent on my application. thank you .

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
she can apply from here in the UK, it does not matter that she is currently studying, she can continue studying after she receives the dependant visa.

Hope this clarifies