How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

hello ,my name is XXXXX XXXXXm living in the united kingdom

Customer Question

hello ,my name is XXXXX XXXXX
i'm living in the united kingdom for nearly 10 years (10 years on november 2013) , in 2010 i got a letter from home office for deportation but when i made an appeal in court i won the case ,i'm still waiting for further immigration case process as i was told it takes time ,, my question is do i have permission to work in the united kingdom to support my family???;since i have my wife and two kids; my kids were born here in england and currently going to school ,they are age 2 and 3 they will be 3 and 4 years old this year on august and september
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

It good that you won your appeal.

But winning the appeal does not give you an automatic right to work.

You still have to wait for the Home Office to process your application and give you permission to work.