UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I sent my passport to the home office at the beginning of March

Customer Question

I sent my passport to the home office at the beginning of March for my permanant permissuin to stay.
The problem is i booked a holiday last september which is for 21st June.
How can i get my passport back in time for this is i need to go to the Turkish consulate for them to give me a visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

If you request the return of your passport, your application will be deemed to have been withdrawn and you will not be refunded your fees.

Please see here and follow the instructions for requesting your passport back (you need to fill in the return of document request form and email it as instructed:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/return-of-documents/

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The passport expires in June, would they increase the expiry date, also how long would it take please?

You need to get in touch with your home country's embassy about renewal of a passport, it has nothing to do with the Home Office.

The Home Office says it may take up to 20 working days for your passport to be returned.

Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Really sorry, it is a permanent resident card I have applied for, does that change anything?

Yes it does, if it is a European application , your application will still be processed even if you request for the return of your passport.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback