UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX have a very tricky situation with

Customer Question

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX have a very tricky situation with my visa application. i applied for a visa on the 17th of march and i have just recieved a letter from immigration that my application was declined due to the not enough funds in account. now my passport has been retained, i have been given upto next week to arrange leaving the country...

i believe the decision on my application is incorrect. has i had just over 2000pounds for maintenance with reciept for full school fees paid. my college is outside london and the requirement should be 800pound /month for 2months which is 1600pounds. i have been leaving here for almost 2years now. the immigration office say, i should have 7200pound in my bank account..

how correct is this information and is there anything i can do to fight the situation as the letter says i have no right of appeal.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

What is your nationality, what visa do you hold at the moment or if expired, what was the latest visa you held?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nigeria visa, it curtained from 28 june 2013 to 08 mar 2013 , as the previous college sponsorship got cancelled. i did not finish my course... however, i have another school which i have all the relevant paper work...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
previous visa was a tier 4....
James,

As you do not have a current visa, you do not have established presence in the UK which is why you are required to show maintanence funds for at least 9 months x £800=£7200, not 2 months as you think.

Sorry, the UKBA is correct and you cannot fight them I am afraid as you do not qualify for further leave to remain.

Please leave feedback