Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My son went to court for possession of drugs approx years

Customer Question

My son went to court for possession of drugs approx years ago. his solicitor pleaded on his behalf to the judge not to convict him as he was working in the hotel business and wanted to work abroad. the judge said he would leave him the opportunity to travel and only asked him to pay approx 200 euro to a drug reabilitation unit. he was also put in to a cell for a night while drunk, he did no damage. now he has the opportunity to work florida for six months will this eposide affect his chances
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is Ely, and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your son's situation. Can you please tell me if he actually received a conviction for this matter, or not?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE JUDGE SAID THIS ALL IN COURT IN IRELAND. MY SON LIVES IN IRELAND AND WANTS TO GO TO FLORIDA WHERE HE WILL HAVE A JOB

Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Martha,

I understand all this. However, someone who was charged with a criminal matter may either be found guilty or not. Being found guilty carries a conviction. Was he convicted? This is important.

Or, you are not sure?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I AM NOT SURE. I SUPPOSE THE BEST THING IS TO ASK HIS SOLICITOR THE EXACT OUTCOME. DO YOU AGREE?

Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
I agree. Can you ask and get back to me?