Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Dear Sir/Madam,I am a current full time student of LLM,

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam, I am a current full time student of LLM, BPP Universities of Legal Studies (Holborn), London. My SRN(NNN) NNN-NNNN Now I am staying at London. My present address is XXXX XXX . My course duration is September 2012 to September 2013 and my present visa's validity till 21 January 2014.

I have a two children age of 12+ and 11+, they are staying in Bangladesh. I want to bring both of my child to me in the UK, but when I apply for visa of my LLM course (which I am continuing now) in that Visa application in the part of "your family" Clause 5.6 which states "Do you have any children under 18 accompanying you or joining you at a later date", there is two option for answer either 'YES' or 'NO'. I had ticked in 'NO' option. But now I have got a offer for the BPTC course (to be a barrister) at BPP University College of Legal Studies at Leeds which will commence on September 2013 - 2014, so I have to remain in the UK till September 2014. This long period it is painful for me to stay without my both of child and my child also missed me very much. Now I want to know can I apply at the same visa for my dependent child, especially at under clause 5.6, where I had ticked the 'NO' option. Could you please give me a positive direction how I will apply for both of my child. If you give me a positive direction I will be grateful to you.

For your better understand I have also attached that particular page of my visa application and my visa page. I have given my details below.

Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX XXXX XXXX

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
There is nothing to stop you changing your mind and later wishing to bring your children. The rule is that your course must be at a suitable level and the course duration must be at least 12 months (12 months or longer).

Answering no to the question does not prevent you from changing your mind and applying later.

You can find the relevant guidance here:

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/family/
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I note that you have viewed the answer given. Please take the time to let me know if your question was answered and to rate the service received - this not only helps me but it also helps other users by letting them know what level of service they can expect to receive.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I note that you have viewed the answer that I have given. Please make sure that you rate the service provided - this not only helps me but it also helps other customers by letting them know what level of service they can expect to receive.