Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

if my brother is british and I am jordanian 36 years old female

Customer Question

if my brother is british and I am jordanian 36 years old female and married from palestaniane and live in saudi what is the eaziest way to apply for british citizenship
note: my childrean are palestaniane and I cant take him to my home contery without visa and they cant have there permanant residant
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
You cannot apply for British Citizenship simply on the basis of your brother being a British Citizen. You would need to migrate to the UK in your own right with your family and then work toward Citizenship in the usual way - time spent living and working in the UK with a qualifying visa, usually a work visa in Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points based system.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the eayziest way to migrate, I reviewed some sites and they mentioned if my brother need someone from his family to serve him like cleaning and coock for him I can stay in the UK

Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.

You are talking about an Overseas Domestic Worker visa and that is not intended for a sister to be a cleaner for her brother - it is for domestic workers who are coming to the UK with a family who they have already been working for overseas.

The primary way of coming to the UK for the purpose of work would be a Tier 2 General visa. This requires sponsorship by a UK employer and the role needs to be at a high level in terms of salary and skills. There are other visas for the purpose of establishing a business if you have significant levels of available funds (at least £200,000).

There is no particularly easy way to migrate to the UK at present and certainly not for low-skilled work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok is there any other way like humanitarian asylum if my hasband and childrean from other nationality and I cant take my sons to my home country and live with them there and my hasband also my hasband cant go to his home country since there fight between palastaniane and israelian

Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
You cannot claim asylum from outside the UK. You might normally be expected to claim asylum in the first safe country in which you can make an application.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I know I need to come to UK then apply for asylum but is my reason is accepted or not and what process I need to do there and document to provide

also can claim asylum if I come along my child without my hasband

Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
We are going into a different area than the question you originally asked.

Asylum can be quite complex. You could apply without your husband. It is impossible to say whether or not an application would be successful or if your reasons would be accepted. Quite a bit of information can be found here:

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/

Asylum is given under the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees. To be recognised as a refugee, you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you have a well-founded fear of persecution because of your:

- race;
- religion;
- nationality;
- political opinion; or
- membership of a particular social group.

You would book an appointment with the screening unit in Croydon
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
I note that you have viewed the answer that I provided. Please make sure that you rate the service provided so that the thread can be closed. This not only helps me but it also helps other users by letting them know the level of service that they can expect to receive.