Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Yes I know that which you give me an answer . But my brother

Customer Question

Yes I know that which you give me an answer . But my brother is disable and the doctor gave him report about his disabled and stain in UK but the home office don't except it as the the doctor wrote on his report . So what's the point with it if they don't except report which came from a doctor in UK.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for requesting me. I will be able to answer at 9

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that a doctor’s report by itself is not really determinative in deciding whether or not you are eligible for asylum.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-
 race;
 religion;
 nationality;
 political opinion; or
 membership of a particular social group.

So, if your brother has a well-founded fear of being persecuted because he was disabled then this might form the basis of a claim and the doctor’s letter would play an important part in proving that he is disabled.

However, that is only part of the eligibility criteria because you must then prove with documentary evidence that there is a possibility that he would be persecuted if he were returned home. Usually you would do this by giving reliable written documentary evidence of other persons in similar positions who have or are suffering persecution in his home country.

Like I say, you really need to gather up all the documentation about your asylum claim and immigration status and have a consultation with a solicitor in person so that they can examine the claim that you have made and your brother disability/doctor’s letter to see if there are any grounds for making an application for judicial review or for a further application for asylum or some other application.

It’s near impossible to provide advice in a complicated situation like yours without having access to your documents I’m afraid.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to RATE my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question unless you RATE my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom