How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

I have a young girl by Ukrainian motherEva(childs name)

Customer Question

I have a young girl by Ukrainian mother
Eva(child's name) is 3 1/2 years old and was born in
I am English and reside in England
I support child-but want to have independence
From mother
Mother is still married(said she was getting divorce)
And child has her husbands surname-much to
My frustration
Question: can I get Eva and English passport
So travel may be easier and what are my legal
Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
If you are not stated as the father on the birth certificate then that would make things difficult. You would first have to prove that you were the father. Next would be the fact that the child would need to have an application submitted for registration as the child of a British Citizen. It would be almost impossible to get this done without the mother being involved and supportive. It would be almost certainly impossible for the child to come to the UK without the mother's agreement. You also have to factor in the difficulty of legal process in Ukraine.

Related Immigration Law Questions