Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I have done all the above, by re applying with Reconsideration

Customer Question

I have done all the above, by re applying with Reconsideration letter, yet i was deny Visa and been ban for 10 years, is there any other option and to forget about it and wait for the 10years, and if so what do i do after the 10years.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

I assume that you mean you have submitted a reconsideration letter instead of submitting a full fresh application.

If it was simply a reconsideration letter without a statutory declaration and evidence of your good character then it may be worth submitting a fresh new application. That is the only option that you have at this point.

It is probable that they may reject your new application because they will view your misunderstand as a deception, but it is your only option. If you do send a new applicaiotn then you will have to ensure that you fully explain your misunderstanding of the question in the earlier application with a statutory declaration (ie. a sworn statement) and also character references from persons of authority who knew you.

If this is rejected and you don’t get appeal rights then I’m afraid that you are stuck with the ban. Once the ban has expired you can apply again but still explaining your earlier misunderstanding in the above way.

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please i want to get you clearly, i have been given a 10 year ban already after submitting a fresh application with a reconsideration letter enplaning why i answered the question wrongly, i just received my letter, what am asking is there anything i need to do now or wait for the 10 year to elapse, if is to wait for the 10 year to elapse, what will i do after the 10year before applying again.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If you have made a further application and you are satisfied that you could not have explained or evidenced your misunderstanding any better than you did then you will have to wait for the ban period to expire.

Once the ban period has expired you will have to instruct a solicitor to prepare the application for you, they will attempt to again mitigate and expain what the ban related to.

It is worth you keeping a file with the relavent bits of correspondence relating to the applications from now and also executing a statutorty declaration for you to produce when you come to apply after the ban.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your answers and understanding, so are u advising me i wait pending the expiration of the 10 year ban, or do i did to meet a layer to prepare statutory declaration to enable me re apply.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If you did not explain yourself adequately in your reconisderation (which shoudl really contain new evidence anyway) then I would instruct a solicitor.

I don't know if you did explain yourself adequately or not. Only you do.

Please rate my answer.

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did, i explained my reasons fully, letting them know why i answered the question wrongly, how i wish i can attached my reconsideration later, i don't think it is fair for the British Embassy to deny me Visa just bcos i answered a question wrongly knowing quite well that i do travel every year for my leave in the UK for more than 7 years now. pls help me instruct a solicitor bcos it's given me a lot of concern concerning my Company and my senior brother, who sent me an invitation letter and who will be expecting me this year, bcos i do visit him every year.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If you simply drafted a reconsideraiton letter yourself then I expect that it would probably be worth applying with a new applicaiton. A reconsideration is NOT a new application. If you submitted a new application with reconsideration letter then it probably just confused them.

I cannot accept instructions from customers. You can find immigration solicitors in the UK that you can instruct by using the follwowing:-
www.lawsociety.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/‎

Please rate my answer.

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was advice by a solicitor to re apply with a reconsideration letter explaining to them the reason why i did not answer the question correctly, which i did, to my greatest suppress i was ban for 10 years.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I know that.

To be quite honest, I've no idea what you've sent to the UKBA. I could only give you an authoratative answer if I had access to your files.

This is why you need to have a consultation with a solicitor in the normal way, rather than via this question and answer forum. They can examine your documentation specifically and tell you what the best option is.

Please rate my answer.

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks my brother, i just want to find out, can the UKBA ban u for 10 years and revert it if a solicitor is involved.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

A solicitor would not automatically be able to reverse the van. However they would give you a much better chance of doing so.
Although it's not automatic you would still have a chance. However you would have to submit a new application and get the solicitor to draught it on your behalf.

Please rate my answer now

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Draft what on my behave, and has their be any case where a 10 years ban is been reverted, if yes what did the person do, I just want to know

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
No. You request is far beyond the value of your deposit I'm afraid. This is a general question and answer site, not a specific one.

If you want a lawyer to do research for you then you must instruct them in the normal way. Do so if you wish.

I have answered your origianl question and more. Please rate my answer.

Tom