Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

What is the annual income requirement of the sponcering spouse

Customer Question

What is the annual income requirement of the sponcering spouse for the sponcered spouse to obtain indefinite leave to remain in the UK
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

When were they granted their spouse visa please?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Granted visa on 16.09.2011 arrived in the UK 10.11.2011

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

If the spouse visa was granted before 9 July 2012, then the spouse is here under the old rules.

This means that the financial requirements, including the salary threshold, does not apply to their application for ILR. Confirmation here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/before9july/settlement/

The requirement is instead that you must be able to show that you are able to support and accommodate eachother without the need to access public funds, so there is no minimum salary as such.

Provided you have not claimed any public funds, you should be okay in this respect

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Tom, thanks for your reply, just a bit more clarification say if a spouse is sponcering the other now i.e under the rules of 09.07.12, can the sponcering spouse, he /she be gifted £64k to obtain eligibility

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Yes, that is fine but it must be a pure gift with no right of return and the money must be held for at least 6 months before the application is made

Please rate my answer.

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to RATE my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

I have answered your question.

You have not rated my answer.

This means that I do not receive ANY credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Please rate my answer as "Okay Service".

Kind regards,

Tom