Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

looking to appeal over a £2100 fine for 7 people being in my

Customer Question

looking to appeal over a £2100 fine for 7 people being in my trailor
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
On what basis would you feel you could appeal?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well I done everything t.I.r.cord and used a seal on the trailor only thing o didn't do was fill a sercerity sheet in cos o had run out of them

Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Had they broken the seal to get in or were they already in when it was sealed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they were not in there when it was loaded cos i was there when it was loaded and i put the seal on the trailor i think they were put in on the boat but customs never let me see the seal in Portsmouth cos everytime i stopped i checked the only time i didn't check was just before getting on the boat in caen

Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
So when they were found the seal was broken or had it been sealed again?

Not having that security sheet does not help matters but it must also be said that the fine could have been £2,000 per person rather than the £2,000 fine received.

You are probably aware of this but the codes of practice relating to this can be found here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/transportindustry/civilpenaltycodeofpractice.pdf

If you did not fill in a security sheet and did not check before getting on the boat then you might find this very difficult to appeal as you would be asking them to simply accept your word without anything to support it and you must check the vehicle before getting on the boat.

I suggest that you contact them on 020 3014 8180 or by email to [email protected]
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I note that you have viewed the answer provided. If you need further clarification then please ask, otherwise please take the time to provide a rating of the service received as I have taken the time to provide you with an answer.