Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I am about to apply for an extension to my Tier 1 (General)

Customer Question

I am about to apply for an extension to my Tier 1 (General) UK visa but my maintenance funds would have been in my account for the required 90days, 2weeks after my present leave to remain lapses. Would I be able to successfully apply given the 28-day overstaying clause?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The requirement is that you must have the funds at the date of the application. You should therefore apply on the date when you meet the funds criteria i.e. 2 weeks after your current leave expires. Your extension application should be fine as you will bewithin the 28 days overstay rule.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.