Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Hi,Im in the UK on a Settlement Spouse Visa/CP (KOL Required).

Customer Question

I'm in the UK on a Settlement Spouse Visa/CP (KOL Required). The visa expired on 23-08-13.

I have passed the KOL test and have a Premium appointment booked to apply for ILR on the 03-09-13. I originally had the appointment booked for the 21-08-13 but had to change it due to difficulties getting some supporting documents.

My question is, can I still keep my appointment and can I still apply using form SET(M) because my visa hasn't expired by more than 28 days?

Also if I can still attend the appointment should I take photocopies of my documents, as well as the originals?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Yes, you can attend the appointment. You might be asked why this has been submitted late and should be prepared to answer such a question but I would not expect you to be refused on this basis. It is far from unusual.

When attending the appointment you should have a photocopy of every original document that you are submitting and this includes a copy of the passport (cover, biometric page and all visa and transit pages).
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to rate the service that I provided to you. If you require further clarification or have other questions about this application then you are welcome to ask.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to rate the service that was provided to you - I took the time to answer your question and would appreciate the courtesy of you at least confirming the question was answered so that it can be closed.