Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

I have returned to the uk with my 2 children after spending

I have returned to the uk with my 2 children after spending 10yrs in asia. I am british and lived in the uk all my life up until 2003. what do i need to do to be domiciled here again?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
If you were born in the UK then there is nothing you need to do. If your children have British passports then nothing needs to be done for them.

Was your question about more than immigration law or has this answered your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I have been told that if you have been out of the country for more than 2 yrs it will take at least 6 mths for you to be domiciled in the uk and to receive any national health if needed. Can you confirm if this is correct please? Also do I have to notify national insurance and inland revenue of my return. My alimony is paid into overseas bank. Will I be taxed on that?
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I cannot answer tax questions. If you want tax advice I recommend that you start a new question for that specific advice. My advice was based on immigration law as this was posted in the immigration law section.

If you are asking on the basis of being domiciled for tax purposes then your question is in the wrong section - it would be a tax issue rather than an immigration issue.

The following page should be of interest to you:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/international/return-uk.htm

This gives advice regarding who you need to notify.

It is true that you can be charged for NHS services if you are a non-resident UK citizen. The following guide from a NHS Trust should be of help:

www.whittington.nhs.uk/document.ashx?id=3227