Ely
Ely, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
7286322

whats the best way to denounce my nationality?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

1) By denounce do you mean renounce, i.e. have it dropped?
2) What nationality specifically are you asking about?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yea renounce i mean sorry.. Am in the process of getting a Ghana passport however the embassy told me in other to get the passport i need to renounce my Togo nationality..

Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, friend.

Yea renounce i mean sorry..

No worries.

Am in the process of getting a Ghana passport however the embassy told me in other to get the passport i need to renounce my Togo nationality..

Okay, thank you. First of all, understand that this question is a "stand-alone" answer. I cannot say how renouncing your Togo nationality may affect future immigration matters with Ghana, UK, etc.

To renounce one's Togo citizenship, one needs to go to the local Togolese Embassy/Consulate and request renunciation of citizenship. This must be done from abroad, i.e. it cannot be done in Togo.

The staff should provide one with paperwork to sign to that effect. Once this happens, the embassy/consulate shall process the paperwork and strip one of Togolese citizenship. A copy of the paperwork may be provided to one for verification of one's loss of Togolese citizenship elsewhere.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)