Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

I am a British citizen (as well as an Australian citizen, born

Customer Question

I am a British citizen (as well as an Australian citizen, born in Australia) I am a doctor and am trying to obtain registration to practice in the UK. I have been working in the Republic of Ireland, where I do have medical registration, for the last 3 months. I have been working for the same company and have a Public Services card.
One of the routes for registration, is to provide evidence that I have been working in a country that is part of the EEC. Could you advise me on what documentation I should seek?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Primarily you need to supply evidence of British Citizenship (passport), evidence of exercising Treaty Rights for at least 3 months (working in the Republic of Ireland - employer letter confirming employment, payslips, etc) and evidence of being registered during that period (card/ registration details making this clear and perhaps a letter from the regulatory body if possible.

The following page provides greater detail:

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registration_applications/ec_rights.asp