Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Hi Can the employer charge me a fee if they apply for my work

Hi Can the employer charge me a fee if they apply for my work permit visa under point system and how much it will cost me
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
They should not charge you a fee, although some employers somehow manage to persuade the employee to pay costs incurred in sponsoring them. This tends to happen with certain smaller Companies with a particular demographic of ownership unfortunately.So they might want you to help with the incurred costs of sponsorship and it is entirely up to you whether or not you wish to pay such costs or work for such an employer, but they most certainly should not be charging as if a service is being supplied.There are also many scams where no job actually exists, so if you are overseas please be careful about this (usually a promise of a job in a hotel or other service industry).